Forces of Darkness
|Base of Operations||Mobile|
|Relatives||Long since deceased|
|Height||5'11" (180 cm)|
|Weight||170 lbs (77 kg)|
|Unusual Features||Golden Left Eye|
|Place of Birth||Sumeria|
- Let the power of my words sink into your soul.
- - Zasalamel to Raiden
Zasalamel is a ages-long lived man, who possesses no allegiances, except for his own will to end a curse that plagued his life and made him immortal, to forever reeincarnate until this spell can be broken. Once a member of the tribe who guarded Soul Calibur and Soul Edge at the behest of King Algol, Zasalamel was exiled from it because of his affinity for dark arts. Now in the 21th Century, he returned to claim the two swords in the hopes of finishing his accursed life and rest in peace, even if he have to create enemies, both good and evil to his tormented cause.
Zasalamel was born in an ancient nomad tribe that guarded Soul Edge and Soul Calibur, by the orders of King Algol, ever changing their homes in the hopes the swords never were encountered by Shao Kahn and used in the merging of Earthrealm with Outworld. Zasalamel despised the life his family was tasked to receive, believing that the swords could be used by Algol to destroy Shao Kahn, but realized he was unable to do so as his feelings became more important than the protection of his home realm, following the death of his son, Arcturus.
Powers and Abilities
- Immortality: Zasalamel is an extremely long-lived Human, due to the curse the influence of the cursed swords did bring to him. His aging process is greatly reduced and he can also regenerate injured or missing cells from even near-fatal injuries.
- Will Bending: Zasalamel has the power to manipulate minds, giving him influence over others.
- Master Swordsman: Zasalamel is a master of fighting with his scythe, with a twisted code of honor and ethics.
- Multilingualism: Zasalamel can speak several different languages, some of them being Afrikaner, English, Japanese, Mandarin, Spanish and even languages of other realms such as Toga and Zik.